Billing and Cost

Tall Tree Health is a private clinic.  We charge standard market rates for our services.  The main costs are outlined below. 

  • Occupational Therapy initial consultation (1 hour) - $120

  • Occupational Therapy follow-up (45 minutes) - $90

  • Physiotherapy initial consultation (45 minutes) - $100

  • Physiotherapy follow-up (30 minutes) - $80

Our initial assessment cost with OT/PT is $220.  

Most patients schedule 1-4 follow up appointments, and occasionally more depending on your unique needs.



Many patients come to us with insurance options that cover OT or PT services. Understanding insurance coverage is confusing, so we've provided information below to help clarify things.


Regardless of fault in a car accident, ICBC provides rehabilitation benefits that cover rehabilitation services.

  • Physiotherapy: ICBC will pre-approve (no doctor referral needed) up to 20 PT visits within 12 weeks of your accident before you need a doctors note to continue.

  • Occupational Therapy: A doctors note is required to get OT services paid for by ICBC. Once approved, OT services are covered in full by ICBC.

    • We suggest getting your doctor to write a note or complete a referral form before seeing us for assessment (when possible).

  • Kinesiology, Chiropractic, Massage & Accupuncture are also pre-approved if done within 12 weeks of your accident and can be accessed without a doctor note initially.

On your first visit we need:

  1. Your ICBC Claim number

  2. Personal health number (care card number) & Doctor information

  3. Date of injury

  4. The name and contact information of the claim adjuster or ICBC Team that is overseeing your claim.



Worksafe provides rehabilitation services through providers who have a specific contract with them. We have a physiotherapy contract, but do not have an occupational therapy contract.

  • Physiotherapy: Worksafe pays fully for approved physiotherapy services.

  • Occupational Therapy: Worksafe will not pay for OT services through Tall Tree. You can pay for these services yourself (at the rates above) or ask Worksafe to consider referring you to a community OT.

Process to take with workplace injuries:

  1. Tell your employer about the injury as soon as you get a chance.

  2. Depending on the nature and severity of the injury go to either a doctor’s office or to the hospital and inform your physician that this is a work related injury.

  3. Phone Work Safe BC to report your injury at 1-888-967-5377

For your first appointment at Tall Tree we need:

  1. WSBC claim number

  2. Personal health number (care card number)

  3. Date of injury

  4. The name and contact information of your claim adjuster

  5. The name and contact information of your employer


Extended Benefits

Most plans cover PT services but only some cover OT services.  You may have a Health Spending Account (HSA) which will cover portions of OT.  We direct bill the following: