What we do
Have you had a concussion and been told there's nothing to do but rest and wait?
There are so many things you can do to recovery quickly and fully after injury. At Tall Tree Concussion Program we take the time to figure out what is causing your symptoms and create a specific treatment plan to address your unique issues.
If you've just been injured, or have been dealing with issues for a while - don't give up hope. We're here to help. Connect with us today to learn about how we can support your recovery.
If you can't make it into clinic, get in touch and we can see you at home.
More about the program:
Tall Tree Concussion Program is a comprehensive, multidisciplinary program which provides assessment, treatment and education for people who have sustained a concussion injury. Tall Tree is also dedicated to supporting under-served populations such as non-athletes, children and seniors. We take a rehabilitative approach to concussion and our team includes Occupational Therapy, Physiotherapy, Kinesiology and Clinical Counselling. We also draw on our community partners in Medicine and Neuropsychology when more help is needed.
Our mission is to make the process of recovery simple, clear, and timely so that people dealing with concussion related issues can focus on getting better in the fastest, safest, and most complete way possible.
Comprehensive review of all domains commonly affected by concussion including: physiological, cognitive, vestibular, visual and psycho-emotional. We also provide baseline testing for athletes.
Treatment is tailored specifically for each patient to address all necessary areas so that you can get back to sports, work, school and life. The core treatment team includes an OT, PT, kinesiologist and clinical counselor.
We also provide high-quality education to patients, families, coaches, teachers and other community members so that we can all best support people in need of help after concussion.
More details about us
- We help youth, adults and older adults after concussion (or suspected concussion) of any source (including sports, motor vehicle incidents, falls, workplace injuries or violence)
- We strive to help you get better faster and more efficiently.
- Rest is not always best. We help you manage with an active approach.
- Symptoms after concussion are not usually permanent and good help is available.
- Tall Tree has the people and the tools to give you all the services you need in one place. No need to travel between multiple providers and specialists.
- We will work closely with your family doctor. If you don’t have a doctor we will help find you one.
- We will provide detailed and comprehensive assessment and treatment of all the symptoms that you’re dealing with including physical, cognitive, and emotional.
- Your recovery will be assessed regularly and adapted as needed. We are not in the business of over-treating.
- We will help you to decide when it is best to go back to school, work or play and how to do so in the safest and quickest way possible.
- We have a fun, comfortable clinic environment that sets a positive tone for your recovery.